Using MightyBoyEV - Elcon 1500W HF/PFC Battery Charger Specifications and General Information
1. Internal integrated PFC, no pollution to electric network, protect shocking on electric network from heavy current.
2. Wide input voltage range AC85V - AC265V available for worldwide requirements, convenient for electric-network fluctuation and vehicles exportation.
3. High with 93% above efficiency while only about 80% efficiency the traditional chargers can meet.
4. Intelligent temperature compensation function in the charging process, preventing the damage to battery caused by charge-off or charge due, greatly extending the lifespan of the battery.
5. Fully-sealed and water-proof, protection class IP65. Shock resistance treatment made inside makes vibration-proof level up to SAEJ1378 that can fully meet the standard of automobile appliance usage.
6. Available for various kinds batteries like lead-acid, LiFePO4 battery etc., Flexible and programmable of the charging module. Memory to store 10 unique algorithms with ability to switch between algorithms. Equipped with CAN communication interface to realize real-time communication with BMS.
1. Thermal Self-Protection: When the internal temperature of the charger exceeds 75°C, the charging current will reduce automatically. If exceeds 85°C, the charger will shutdown protectively. When the internal temperature drops, it will resume charging automatically
2. Short-circuit Protection: When the charger encounters unexpected short circuit across the output, charging will automatically stop. When fault removes, the charger will re-start in 10 seconds.
3. Reverse Connection Protection: When the battery is polarity reversed, the charger will disconnect the internal circuit and the battery, the charging will stop and avoid been damaged.
4. Input Low-voltage Protection: When the input AC Voltage is lower than 85V, the charger will shutdown protectively and automatically resume working after the voltage is normal again.
Installation and Safety Instructions
1. Preferably the charger should be installed in the vertical position with radiator fins vertical. A space of 10cm above ground should be open to ensure airflow. Never install in the vertical position with fins facing down.
2. Ensure all heat dissipating parts are not obstructed to avoid overheating. Do not put the battery charger near any heat sources. Make sure that free space around the charger is enough to provide adequate ventilation and easy cable socket access.
3. Ensure the consistency between the alternating supply voltage and the allowable voltage input of the charger. Please approach a retailer or local Power Supply Bureau for enquiry.
4. For safety and electromagnetic compatibility, the battery charger has a 3-prong plug that apply to the socket with grounded outlet.
5. If you are using an extension cord for alternating current power supply, make sure that it is affordable to the maximum input current.
6. The voltage-drop between the charger and connection wire of the battery should be as less than 1 % of the battery voltage as it can. Otherwise, it affects charging effect possibly. Meanwhile, the diameter of the wire should satisfy the output current value.
7. The thermal compensation probe for the battery voltage must be placed in the area of the highest battery temperature, such as between 2 batteries near the center of the pack.
8. If the charger does not work correctly or if it has been damaged, unplugged it immediately from the supply socket, from the battery and contact a retailer.
9. Do not try to service the charger yourself. Opening the cover may expose you to shock or other hazards.
10. To avoid damaging the power cord, do not put anything on it or place it where it will be walked on. If the cord becomes damaged or frayed, replace it immediately.
<- Previous Page | Next Page ->
Back to "Using MightyBoyEV" Index Page